Alpine ICS-X7 2-DIN
Mobile Media Monitor Receiver 7" Wide LCD MP3 / WMA WVGA Touch Screen USB iPod iPhone
ICS-X7 - App Link Station
The ICS-X7 is one of the world’s first mobile media products to take advantage of the MirrorLink™ standard, making it extremely convenient to use a MirrorLink™ enabled smartphone and its applications in your car. If you own a smartphone that is MirrorLink™ enabled, visit your phone manufacturer’s app store to download the needed software (additional charges may apply) and install it on your phone.
Those great features make it the world’s most advanced mobile information and entertainment centre, with a brilliant interface optimised for smartphones and apps. From sound quality and media support to navigation, everything is first-rate.
Since more and more users rely on their smartphone as the main entertainment device, the ICS-X7 does not feature a drive anymore. Navigation is part of the features which will be enabled when using a MirrorLink™ compatible phone, logically the connector for the standard navigation became obsolete.
For the first time, Alpine offers a unit with support for Aha™ by HARMAN. Aha combines all things you need while driving in one smartphone app. It offers entertainment; location based information and even keeps you connected with your Facebook and Twitter feeds.
As Aha is made to create the least driver distraction, therefore messages will be read out by a text-to-speech engine.
The location based services are bundled in dedicated channels. Those are at present: Hotels, Hungry, and Weather. Once a channel is selected, information related to the present location is read out by a clear, easy to understand text-to-speech voice.
On the entertainment side, there is a vast array of choices. Aha provides a choice of own music channels of different genres, news channels and podcasts of all kinds. Moreover SHOUTcast Radio is supported, offering thousands of free Internet radio stations from DJs and broadcasters around the world.
If the user prefers a good book over music, audio books are also available. With the audio books and the Aha channels, the user has options like pause, resume, rewind 30 seconds and skip 15 seconds.
Currently Aha is supported on iPhones. The app is available from the App Store free of charge. Whichever links and stations are created on the iPhone, the same choice will be immediately present on the screen of the ICS-X7.
To keep you entertained in the future, the ICS-X7 will stay up to date with support for new phones and apps from the Alpine website.
What is MirrorLink™ ?
MirrorLink™ is a recently introduced standard for connecting smartphone devices to vehicle-based infotainment systems. It is a cross-industry solution supported by leading automotive manufacturers, system suppliers, consumer electronics manufacturers and handset manufacturers as part of the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC). MirrorLink™ offers seamless and convenient use of smartphone-based applications such as navigation, music playback and other entertainment and communication apps.
The ICS-X7 even features MirrorMode for Nokia, allowing the user to fully access and use all applications of a MirrorLink™ enabled Nokia smartphone in the car.
Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 DriveLink
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S3, download DriveLink from either Samsung Apps or Google Play to use your Galaxy S3 with the ICS-X7. Navigation lets you use your Google maps based navi app on your ICS-X7, while the music app allows you to select and enjoy all you music stored on your phone through your car audio system. The telephone app lets you make hands-free calls and easily browse your phonebook - all via the ICS-X7’s high resolution touch screen. You can even display new messages and have the unit read them to you via text-to-speech technology. Select from many pre-set answers – such as “I am driving” or write your own answer on the ICS-X7’s on-screen keyboard.
Add smartphone navigation to your ICS-X7
If you own a MirrorLink™ enabled Nokia smartphone: Nokia Drive makes navigation free of charge, with always up-to-date maps and full touch control from the App Link Station. High-res maps are stored on the phone, eliminating data costs and the need for permanent connection. Advanced functions include online traffic information, destination search in online and offline modes, 3D views, music/video mute for voice announcements, menus and voice guidance in many languages.
MirrorMode: Access all your phone apps on your ICS-X7
MirrorMode allows you to access all your apps installed on your MirrorLink™ enabled Nokia smartphone from the ICS-X7: stay up-to-date with your social network and IMS sites, listen to internet radio through your car speakers, get informed about the weather, use location based services, browse the web, enjoy your photos, read your mails and SMS, and much, much more….
For safety reasons, the ICS-X7 will allow the usage of these apps only while the parking brake is engaged.
Customisable Interface for a New Dimension of Usability
The fully customisable home screen provides smartphone-level animations. Controlling functions is smooth and easy via touch, drag and flick operations. Simply choose your favourite app from the homescreen and put it on the favorite app bar for fast access anytime. And everything is crystal clear on the 7” high quality WVGA display.
Superior Sound Quality with Many Customisation Features
Alpine gives you the ability to ultrafine tune the sound of your system with an amazing array of functions including 6-Channel Digital Time Correction, 9-Band Parametric EQ, 10 EQ settings, Digital Crossover, MediaXpander, and Subwoofer Level Control and Phase Selection.
Alpine Provides the Best iPhone/iPod Experience
Get the most out of your iPhone or iPod by plugging it into one of the dual USB ports. Enjoying your stored music with high sound quality or movies on the large, high resolution display. The ICS-X7 provides iPod Cover Flow and a handy Quick Search function for finding songs, albums, artists and more fast. While you enjoy the music/movies your iPhone/iPod charges automatically.
Built-in Bluetooth with New and Advanced Functions
In addition to the basic benefit of hands-free phone operation, built-in Bluetooth gives you a wide range of very convenient functions. You get Simple Secure Pairing and can pair up to five phones. Enjoy A2DP audio streaming with control that is AVRCP 1.0/1.3/1.4 compatible. Advanced phone features include phonebook sync, alphabetic and percentage phonebook search, 3 favourite numbers preset and a signal strength indicator.
Unlimited Access to the Wide World of AV Media
With the ICS-X7 in your car, you have instant access to all the AV media you choose to use. You can connect your iPod, iPhone or Nokia phone to enjoy your stored music and access online music libraries. A USB port lets you plug in USB sticks and hard disks, and allows USB video playback as well as music. DivX, MP3, WMA and AAC playback are possible, and you can also connect a camera.
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM:18, MW:6, LW:6)
- Station Name Display
- Auto Preset Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX
- RDS Functions: AF, TA, TP, PTY, News, EON, Radio Text
- Built-in BLUETOOTH Module
- Hands Free Calling: HFP (Hands-Free Profile) with compatible phones
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) with compatible devices
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) ver.1.0, 1.3 and 1.4 compatible
- SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) supported
- Advanced BLUETOOTH Technology
- Phone Book Synchronization
- Phone Book Search: Percentage Search
- Short Cut Dialling: 3 Preset Memory
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Number Registration Possibility
- Phone Book Label Display: General, Mobile, Home, Office, Other
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Dialled Calls, Unanswered Calls, Received Calls, Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- GSM Signal Strength Indicator
- Cell-phone Battery Level Indicator
- Output Speaker Selection
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone Included
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Music & Video Playback Compatible
- Connection: USB Cable (KCU-461iV) Required
- Compatibility for iPod® / iPhone®: Made for iPod touch 4G/3G/2G/1G, iPod nano 6G/5G/4G/3G/2G/1G, iPod classic 160GB/120GB/80GB, iPod with video, iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPhone
- Search Criteria: Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs, Podcasts, Genres, Composers and Audiobooks
- Alphabet Search
- Percentage Search
- Direct Up/Down: Playlist, Artist, Album, Podcast, Genre and Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Album, All
- Artwork Display
- Cover Flow
- Battery Charging
- Supports Aha™ by HARMAN
- Controllable Functions: Navigation, phone and music (depending on phone manufacturer)
- Compatible Devices: Nokia 700 / 701 / 603 / 808, Nokia N8 / E6 / E7 / X7 / C6-01 / C7 (requires Symbian Belle update), Nokia N9 (using MeeGo)
- Connection: KCU-230NK required
- Required Apps: Drive Link for Samsung, Car Mode for MirrorLink for Nokia
- Battery Charging
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Cable Included
- Music & Video Playback Compatible
- Playable Format: MP3, WMA, AAC, DivX (.avi, .divx)
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class
- File/Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up/Down Control
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select: 0°/180°
- 2-volt Pre Output (Front/Rear/Subwoofer):
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- 9-band Parametric Equalizer
- Source Tone Memory
- Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Display: 7 inch WVGA High Resolution Display
- Motorized Display Operation
- Control Type: Touch, Drag and Flick
- Illumination Buttons: 5 Colour (White, Blue, Green, Red, Amber) Selection
- Display Colour Setting: 4 Colour (Blue, Green, Red, Amber) Selection
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- PreOut: 3 PreOuts and 1 A/V AUX Output
- DAC: 24-Bit DAC
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready
- OEM Sub-display Output
- Camera Connection: RCA
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Display Tuning Preset Memory
- User Interface Language: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Finish, Norwegian
- Calendar/Clock Display
- Auto Dimmer
- Favorite Source Setting
- Anti-theft Security Code
- Firmware Updatable
- 2DIN Size
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- Screen Size: 7 Inch Wide
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99.99 %
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Colour System: NTSC, PAL
- Tuning Range: 87.5 - 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 uV / 75 O)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 12 dBf (1.1 uV / 75 O)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 - 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 - 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dB
- USB Requirements: USB 2.0 / 1.1
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,000 mA
- USB Class: Play from Device / Mass Storage Class
- File System: FAT 12/16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media™ Audio
- AAC Decoding: AAC-LC Format ''.mp4a'' File
- DivX Decoding: Version 3, 4, 5, 6 (.avi, .divx)
- Number of Channels: 2 Channels (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 20 kHz (±1 dB) *May differ depending on the encoding software and bit rate.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008%
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
- BLUETOOTH® Version : Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Maximum (Power Class 2)
- HFP: HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
- A2DP: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) V1.3
- OPP: OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP: PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to 15 step
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- High Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- High Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- High Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Low Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- Low Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Time Correction: 0.0 - 9.9 ms (0.1 ms/step)
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 - 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 - 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 - 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 - 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 - 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k - 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k - 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k - 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k - 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -7 to +7
- Application Volume Level Setting: -14 to +14
- Power Requirement: 14.4 (11-16) V.DC
- Maximum Power Output: 4 x 50 W
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2V (Max.) / 10k ohms
- Aux Audio Output Level: 1.2 V / 10k ohms
- Operating Temperature (°C): -20° - +60°
- Weight: 1.6 kg
- Din Size: 2DIN
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 100 x 159 mm
- Nose Piece Size (W x H x D) mm: 171 x 95.9 x 29.5 mm